As a Brooklyn born & raised activist and a first generation American of Jamaican ancestry I work every day to lift up the voices & experiences of those most effected by racial injustice and white supremacy.
After organizing the NMOS14 vigil in Philadelphia, I created the Ferguson Response tumblr to connect nationwide efforts supporting the important racial justice movement started in Ferguson, MO. Since then I have expanded the Ferguson Response Network to provide additional support for organizers working to create lasting social change through sustained civil disobedience, civic action and grassroots community work focused primarily on Black Women.
In 2016 I created Safety Pin Box a monthly subscription service for white people striving to be better allies in the fight for Black Liberation with Marissa Jenae Johnson. I continue my support of Black Women organizers via Safety Pin Box's #BlackWomenBeing program.
Ferguson Response Network Projects include:
- FRN Tumblr
- Black Podcast Week
- #Toys4Tamir Toy Drive
- Ferguson Response Holiday Gift Guide
- #StepUpScholastic Campaign
- MLK Sit In
I speak nationally about connecting social media to social justice and facilitating movement building discussions. I am also the Producer & Host two Podcasts Interracial Jawn & Ferguson Response Network Podcast.
Recent projects include:
- Social Media Chair for the MLK D.A.R.E. Philadelphia March 2015
- Coordinator for the Movement for Black Lives Convening 2015
- Director of Digital Marketing & Promotions - Women's Freedom Conference
- Social Media Lead - Justice League NYC
- Lead Organizer - Black Lives of Unitarian Universalists Collective
- Co-Founder & Creative Director - Safety Pin Box, LLC